Hauts de Seine Tourisme

Hauts-de-Seine Tourisme


Musée des Gardes suisses

Musée des Gardes suisses
5 place du Général Leclerc Caserne Guynemer

Musée Franco-Suisse The museum is housed in the former barracks of the Swiss Guard, the elite unit of the Ancien Régime, whose principal duty was the guarding and protection of the king. It traces the history of the regiment and its men from its establishment by Louis XIII in 1616 to the massacre of its members at the Tuileries on the 10th of August 1792. The Rueil barracks were built by the architect Axel Guillaumot in 1756 during the reign of Louis XV, and were listed as a Historic Monument in 1973.



Ratess Gratuit

web www.mairie-rueilmalmaison.fr

tel tel : 01 47 32 66 50

Getting there Bus : Lignes 144, 244, 258, 259, 467 arrêt Rueil Ville



Groups catered for Groups catered for : minimum 10, maximum 25

Spoken languages Spoken languages : Français

Facilities Facilities : Parking gratuit

Services Services : Boutique, Centre de documentation

Activities Activities : Activités pédagogiques, Colloques, Conférences, Expositions temporaires


Voir aussi

Where Musée des Gardes suisses : autres lieux à proximité